An award winning mid-tier firm of chartered accountants and tax advisers, are looking for an experienced Tax Senior to join their growing tax team in Central London.
You will be focusing on providing pro-active corporate tax services to a wide range of clients in the not-for-profit and charity sector. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines. The role will encompass a mix of both tax compliance and tax advisory work providing a broad and varied role.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Corporation tax compliance work on a portfolio of clients including charities, trading subsidiaries and other not-for-profit entities under the supervision of managers.
- Tax advisory work to clients (externally and internally), under the supervision of managers and directors, on a range of issues and planning opportunities, including:
- Gift aid relief
- Theatre tax relief / museum and galleries exhibition tax relief
- Charitable corporate tax exemptions
- Property and other transactions
- Structuring of trading and other potentially taxable income streams.
- Technical research into a variety of tax issues.
- Liaising with HMRC on enquiries into tax returns.
- Monitoring WIP and liaising with managers/directors on client billing.
- Full training and support will be provided on all aspects of the role including the preparation of corporation tax computations on alphatax, tax advisory work, letter and report writing and managing a portfolio of clients.
- Part or newly ACA/CTA qualified, or with relevant experience working in a tax focused role.
- Alphatax experience is preferable.
- Some involvement with charities and /or the not for profit sector or a desire to work in this area.
- Able to deliver work to a high standard and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Displays good organisational skills and the ability to run and manage a client portfolio.
- £40,000-£50,000 (dependant on experience)
- Working hours: Monday - Friday (9:30am - 5:30pm)
- Study support in studying for CTA qualification
For more information, please contact Colin Priddle at Taylor Hawkes
- accountancy practice
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job