Systems Support Analysts
6 month Contract, Yeovil
Advantage Resourcing are recruiting for Systems Support Analysts to work with a major Defence organisation in Yeovil.
There is a requirement for Systems Support Analysts to work in the company's IT infrastructure and support teams supporting either Windows Or Linux based systems depending on experience.
* Providing Support with the IT Infrastructure - including Networks, Systems (either Windows or Linux) & Applications
* Developing and Maintaining systems configuration item (CI) baselines in alignment with the Service Management Configuration Management Plan.
* Technical expertise on System Administration & knowledge of Database, Networks architecture and supporting application layers
* Assisting on work within the area of specialism, taking account of interfaces and approved data; Providing analysis and support of problems related to platform and support system issues and generate proposed solutions
* Supporting the development of processes to ensure discipline technical quality is communicated across all discipline levels of IM&T engineers; ensuring these meet all governance and business requirements;
* Researching problems and issues, gather information from a range of physical and informational sources, review defects on platform or assembly in order to gain a complete understanding of the problem and all relevant circumstances
* Engaging with customer representatives and suppliers in writing, by telephone and in face to face meetings, and with other internal functions as necessary to discuss technical issues and problems
* Experience and Understanding of ITIL and general applications support
* Extensive Knowledge and understanding of supporting applications based on infrastructure components; either Linux (including Redhat and Centos) or Windows (including VMware) are being considered.
* Experience of completing all toolset configuration activities in line with schedule & quality requirements.
* Knowledge of Installation and patching of core environments and software solutions
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with Stakeholders at all levels
* Any experience of the following would be useful; JIRA, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Grafana, Cacti, Nagios, Tomcat, Apache
If you would like to apply for this role please give Sam Shabir at Advantage Resourcing a call on . Job ref 818625
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.
- Application Support
- Business Requirements
- Configuration Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'