Urgently required X 4 System Engineers
Role Type: Contract
Job Title: Systems Engineers
Duration: 6 months
My Client urgently requires x 4 Systems Engineer’s to join their Leeds based team.
• Hands-on technical experience in administration of GNU Linux (preferably Red Hat)
• Familiar with commercial cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure)
• An expert at working and developing with web services and APIs
• Real-world experience working with container technology/frameworks (e.g. Docker, Marathon/Mesos)
• Experience in packaging and deployment of applications (e.g. Java, PHP), using version control systems (preferably Git) and continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• An excellent working knowledge of configuration management, provisioning and orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Salt). Working knowledge and understanding of Puppet is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of load balancing, high availability/clustering technologies.
• Solid understanding of virtualization, storage and networking
• Experience in managing and maintaining application delivery platforms such as F5, and Brocade Virtual Traffic Manager (vTM)
• An understanding of project and service delivery processes, development and testing methodologies, and working to change and release management practices.
• Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
• An awareness of operational support within a large enterprise organization; and the importance of disaster recovery, high availability, fail-over, and redundancy
• Experience or a good understanding of providing PaaS, and its relationship with IaaS and SaaS
• Ability to adapt to an existing, complex environment; and the ability to learn new concepts and technologies