System Design Engineer – Fire
eSift are currently looking for a technical Design Engineer with previous experience within the security systems industry to join our client, the leading global integrated security company, specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
Location: Belfast, Ireland (TA2)
Salary: Up to £30k per annum
This is an exciting opportunity, based within our client’s site in Belfast, responsible for the design and production of quotations/Technical Submittals/ Drawings/ Proposals/ Specifications for the supply/installation/commissioning/maintenance of Fire Alarm systems both for M&E and End Users throughout the UK and overseas as and where necessary.
Key responsibilities include; ensuring a timely response to all enquiries, presenting a professional image at all times, producing quotations ranging from £5,000 to £2,000,000, ensuring all quotations are accurately costed, adherence to Company’s policies and procedures, and supporting Sales and Operations in the field when necessary.
To be successful in this position you will have/be;
- Significant experience within the Fire & Security Systems sector
- Good knowledge of Fire Alarm systems and standards
- Technically adept with good practical skills and strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work on own initiative whilst within a team environment
- Able to multi task and set clear priorities
- Good knowledge of Office applications (Google & MS)
- Able to interpret Customer’s detailed specifications and drawings
- Professional attitude to work and a high attention to detail
- Good level of customer service and customer liaison skills
- Proven ability manage a work load with quickly changing and often conflicting priorities
- 5 Year checkable work history or evidence to support any period of unemployment, self- employment or time spent in fulltime education during that period
- Right to work unrestricted in the UK/EU
- UK driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Experience of conventional and addressable fire alarm systems would be desirable
- Another desirable attribute would be knowledge of Aspirating, paging, gas suppression, disabled refuge systems and toilet alarm systems.
- Knowledge of any of the following systems; Gent, Advanced, Kentec, Apollo, Morley, Vesda, Wagner, Baldwin, Boxal, Scope, Deaf Alerter, EMS Wireless systems, Vimpex, PATOL, C Tec would be a bonus but not a necessity
eSift have been appointed as the resource partner and we are managing this role on behalf of our client. To apply for this position please click on the “apply now” button below. Your CV will then be held on our central database, if for any reason you do not wish us to retain your details please contact us via .