We were the first Business Improvement District (BID) in Wales formed back in 2006. Since then we have secured two renewal ballots from the businesses and organisations who operate in the City Centre with our current term running until 2021.
To help provide an even better service to our Businesses and Organisations we are now recruiting for two BID Ambassadors to provide a higher company profile presence through patrolling the BID area daily, liaising directly with businesses, city centre workers and visitors.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Swansea, the City Centre and its businesses with a high degree of self-motivation and excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills. You will need to be a good listener have a keen eye and the ability to deal with sensitive, testing and confidential matters on occasion.
Confidence will be required in recording information and producing written reports/responses as required using Microsoft Office and other systems provided. This position will require outdoor work in all-weather conditions.
- To report to Project Manager on regular basis in relation to any issues or opportunities.
- To maintain regular contact with BID levy paying City Centre Businesses and relay information to the BID management.
- To forge relationships with city centre partners and pass on relevant information for action to BID Management.
- To present a warm and welcoming positive view of Swansea to all city centre visitors and workers.
- Keep up to date with and provide visitors with accurate information about the city centre in general and upcoming events and activities when approached.
- To carry out business liaison duties and intelligence gathering as required by the Project Manager.
- To make BID management aware of any business openings or closures within the BID area and to visit a minimum of 10 businesses per shift.
- To carry out ad hoc tasks such as conducting surveys, distribution of literature on behalf of BID to enable the BID’s KPIs.
- To contribute to the provision of an extensive and daily presence around the city centre in all weathers to maximise contact with businesses in the BID area.
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate by Swansea BID Management.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service