We are in need of a Sustainability Engineer for a key client of ours based in Ipswich. The successful sustainability engineer will be required to carry out energy assessments on buildings, perform renewable energy feasibility studies and assist design teams with other sustainability matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact. This includes responding to internal and external enquiries and (via face to face, telephone, email).
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all times to Clients and other practices within the industry.
- The completion of EPC assessments.
- The completion of DEC assessments and reassessments.
- Provide guidance on the use of sustainable energy systems and strategies.
- Provide guidance on natural ventilation strategies, technologies (biomass, PV, heat pumps, etc.) and associated legislation (renewable energy tariffs, e.g. FiT, RHI).
- Assist the Sustainability and Energy Manager and the Associate Director with other projects.
- Help manage the Council’s Salix fund for use on sustainable energy projects.
- Investigate the technical and economic feasibility of renewable energy systems on Suffolk County Council buildings and integration with other technologies, e.g. battery storage.
- Investigate the integration of new technologies, such as battery storage on existing renewable energy systems on Council and ex council buildings, e.g. academies. Including the technical and economic feasibility.
- Carry out project management on the installation of small schemes and involvement with project management on the installation of larger schemes.
What you’ll need to know:
- Be able to use proprietary energy related modelling software such as EDSL TAS (preferred), IES VE, Design Builder or equivalent to produce building compliance documents.
- Ideally be able to lodge your own EPCs but not essential (ideally registered Low Carbon Energy Assessor with an accreditation scheme such as CIBSE or Elmhurst).
- Display Energy Certificate experience (ideally accredited).
- SAP On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor experience (ideally accredited).
- Experience carrying out PV and other renewable energy financial feasibility studies.
- Have up to date working knowledge of relevant Climate Change, Energy and Building Legislation and Regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
To be considered for the Sustainability Engineer opportunity, please click on the APPLY button below!