There are an estimated 70,000 disabled children and young people in the UK waiting for a wheelchair that fits their young lives.
We at Prestige want to go some way to transform the lives of these children by providing the vital Care, support and life skills they need, when they need them, giving them the chance to develop their full potential. But we need your help.
To provide personal care and support for young disabled people at Ambassador Clubs.
Duties and Main Responsibilities
- To provide personal care and support for young disabled people whilst at the clubs.
- To work in an enabling manner to ensure young people are as independent as possible and feel safe, happy and listened to.
- To support with dressing, washing, toileting, feeding and morning/night time routines, as directed by Care Plans and the young people themselves.
- To ensure young people are comfortable and their care needs are met throughout the day and nights
- Ability to get on with and motivate children and young people of all ages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to empower young people.
- Able to multi-task and work calmly under pressure.
Providing care to disabled and complex young people, including those with epilepsy, peg feeds, tracheotomies, ventilation needs and other multiple and complex needs.
If you feel you can do all of the above, we would like to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job