“Behind every child that believes in themselves is a kind person who believed in them first.”
Progress Lane is proud to deliver affordable and child centred recruitment solutions to high quality providers of Ofsted registered homes for vulnerable children and young people to live in safely, with the knowledge that they will be looked after by a team of kind and caring adults.
Residential Support Worker - Children / Young People
SALARY: £21,000 - £24,000 (based on qualifications and experience) includes c£2000.00 sleep in bonus!! Free DBS check, free training and induction-great career paths!
Take a trip down Progress Lane…send us your CV today for January 2019 interviews!
Are you based near Salisbury? Do you get on well with children and young people? Would you like to earn a great salary and support them to make positive changes in their lives?
THE JOB: Working within a team environment, supporting up to six children/young people offering therapeutic residential care and support. You will provide a combination of mentorship, advice, fun activities, support, behaviour management and therapeutic interventions to assist the young people in the home and leadership of the team.
- You will have the skills, abilities and aptitude to provide a positive parent/mentor/educator style role with professional boundaries to children who have been harmed and neglected and can sometimes challenge with their behaviours
- You will be able to build trusted and professional relationships with adolescents through fun, commitment and an ability to manage behaviours and consistently deliver quality support to children
- YOU will be fully trained to provide excellent quality support as part of a team on an individualised care plan basis
- Resilient, creative, positive, 'can do’ attitude - you will be happy to undertake a wide variety of indoor & outdoor activities including sports such as; mountain biking, camping, water sports, gym, football, Play Station, music & many others!
- CAR DRIVER AND IT SKILLS ESSENTIAL!
- Hold the equivalent qualification or be willing to train and study Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (Funded by our client!)
- YOU will help your team members in meeting emotional, physical and developmental needs of the children and young people living in the children’s home
- YOU will lead to create and promote a safe and positive experience culture and enable them to build resilience and life skills
- YOU will be happy to undertake staff training and working to a shift pattern including weekends and sleeping in duties and working in line with The Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015
Location…This role is based in the Salisbury area which can be easily reached from; Amesbury, Ringwood, Andover, Waminster and other surrounding towns.
Recommendations…Mental Health, Support Worker, Psychology, CSE, EBD, SEMH, Youth Work, Challenging Behaviours, Learning Disabilities, Behavioural Support, Learning Needs, LSA, SEN, Teaching Assistant, Recovery Worker, PRU (Pupil Referral Unit,) Specialist Education, Activity Instructor.
LEGAL- if successful, you will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references must be gained. Progress Lane respects your right to privacy and will only share CV details for the legitimate interest of finding you a suitable job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'