Support Worker - Elderly Care Home - Bank Basis
Support Worker / Care Assistant - Care for the Elderly - £10.85ph + Excellent benefits - Bank Basis
This is an opportunity to join an independent, beautiful and historic care home for the elderly in the City of London. It is not only a home to some wonderful retired residents, who have a caring and friendly nature, but also has such a wealth of history and stunning facilities. It is all set in lovely gardens, beautiful buildings, etc. and really friendly and caring staff. This is a rare opportunity, which many people have wanted to join, with the chance to work with some wonderful people in a beautiful setting.
- £10.85 + Benefits + Holiday pay
- City of London
- Bank basis - This means you are employed to cover shifts when staff are on holiday, sickness, unavailable etc. Although employed on a bank basis, you will get regular shifts and do not have to be free for all shifts.
- Excellent benefits + great holiday allowance + life insurance + pension
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- To do what ever activities they would like to undertake every day, with the aim of making each day the best it could possibly be
- To maintain the pensioners existing skills and develop new ones
- To help them live the life they want to lead, make decisions, take appropriate risks and have as many choices about their lives as possible
- To access facilities in the local community and take part in activities outside of their residents, including appointments
- To look after their home, cooking, shopping, keeping it clean, tidy and safe
- To look after their health and help them take medication
- With personal care (e.g.washing, bathing, shaving, going to the toilet, moving and handling), when required
- To achieve their ambitions as set out in their care/support plans
- To assist Pensioners to manage their money
- Must have at least 6 months recent care of supporting older people and those with age related illness (such as dementia, Parkinson’s disease)
- Must have worked in a residential care home for the elderly
- NVQ level 2 in Care or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, caring, and bubbly personality, who is flexible and approachable
- Knowledge of basic care and support
- Able to cover shift patterns
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'