Support Worker - Children and Young People - Bodmin
Support Worker - Children and Young People, Bodmin
If you are looking for an opportunity to have a direct, positive impact on the lives of others and something that is going to engage and challenge you, then consider this role!
We are seeking Support Workers that have a real passion to safeguard and make a difference to the lives of the young people we support, helping them achieve the most optimistic outcomes, and also understands the importance of a homely environment for our children. You do not need previous experience, we provide a variety of training and qualifications to ensure you have the skills you need.
All our homes are bright and modern. They are designed to give our young people the perfect stepping stone to a better life, and provide a great place for our teams to work.
About the role of Support Worker
Working within the children’s home you will need to be able to adapt to a fun and fast paced environment, getting involved in a variety of activities and tasks ensuring a child centred approach. You might be playing football in the garden one minute, and going on a nature walk the next.
Care for others, a regular day involves doing what any other household would do: getting up for school, uniforms on, breakfast, house tidying, preparing meals, taking part in activities and finishing the day on a positive. We also get to do fun stuff too, spontaneous activities, regular clubs and house holidays!
Support with future planning, independence, living and learning together and enable our children to grow and make their own decisions as appropriate.
You do not have to have any specific qualifications, just a desire to help others achieve their best, by offering support and guidance in a variety of areas. We provide a variety of training and qualifications to ensure you have all the skills you need.
Why choose Central & Southern Homes?
Central and Southern Homes provide care and support for a variety of young people. We have an array of services from solo provision, group homes, and supported living accommodation. At Central & Southern we are passionate about providing children and young people a stable home where they can be happy and feel loved. We are focused on giving high quality care with creating experiences that will form memories which they can cherish throughout their lives. We use a therapeutic approach supported by our clinical partner to ensure we manage behaviour in a way which allows the children to feel safe and secure by building positive, trusting relationships with the adults that care for them.
We offer competitive pay, ongoing internal & external professional support and mentoring, excellent training opportunities including externally accredited qualifications, such as QCF Level 4, and First aid.
- Fully funded training & qualifications
- Full induction programme
- Career progression opportunities within the organisation
- Free meals
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking
- Great work - life balance
- 224 annual leave hours per year
- Management development programmes
We are looking for great role models with these skills and values...
- Ensure the care and welfare of each young person in placement, putting them at the centre of everything you do
- Provide support to the senior support worker in providing the best quality care and outcomes
- Support young people with a confident and enthusiastic manner
- A resilient and reliable individual who is able to remain calm in situations that may be difficult or challenging while being a positive role model and mentor for the young people
- Be creative in coming up with solutions to help manage behaviours, be a good listener and be curious about what you can learn from the young people
- Record events, contribute to and implement care plans and risk assessments; participate in reviews and meetings as required, ensuring all documents are kept up to date
- Assist in ensuring staff work within the home's Policies and Procedures
- Communicate effectively with children and young people, team colleagues, managers, professionals and external stakeholders
- Preferred but not essential QCF/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, but you will need to be willing to work towards this qualification that is fully funded by us.
If you think this sounds like you, and you’re looking for your next rewarding challenge with a caring and supportive company that’s on the move we’d love to hear from you!
Click 'apply' and we will be in touch for a brief chat to talk through the role and answer any questions you might have.
Central and Southern are dedicated to a robust safeguarding ethos and culture and are committed to ensuring that our children and young people are effectively safeguarded at all times. If progressed, all applicants will be subject to full Enhanced DBS check and ongoing complicity to our Safeguarding Policy and procedures.
- Residential Care
- Supported Living
- Youth Work
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'