Main Purpose of the job:
• To support older and/or disabled people to make informed decisions and choices in their use of resources, support and services, with the aim of sustaining or improving their quality of life and well-being.
• Work as part of the new model of Integrated Health and Social Care, with multi-disciplinary teams including the voluntary sector, to promote independence and personalisation.
• Act as a main point of contact for residents and their unpaid carers, supporting them to maximise their independence of services and make the most of personalisation and community resources.
• To arrange, where appropriate, quality community based packages and other services for Service Users and their Carers which represent Best Value for the borough and the NHS CCG. (Residential and Nursing Care placements will be brokered through Complex Care Brokerage)
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
• To be the key point of contact within Health and Social Care services for eligible clients following their assessment of need / resource entitlement.
• Develop personalised support / care plans with individuals, their unpaid carers and other stakeholders as appropriate. Or, to act as a point of contact for the client, their unpaid carers or an external support planner / broker who may be developing the support plan.
• Putting the person at the centre of the process, facilitate the selection of support services, activities or other routes to achieve outcomes and meet needs.
• Support people to find creative, individual and efficient ways of solving problems or challenges in their lives, including strengthening family or social connections.
• To promote self directed support and direct payments to all service users and carers.
• Assist people to make their plans happen by signposting or researching and providing information about local services and opportunities, and negotiating with service providers on people’s behalf if required.
• Provide people with, or signpost them to, information on rights, choices, self-management, non-statutory support and other provisions which may assist in their well-being.
• To be aware of, and adhere to all legislative requirements, and maintain an up to date knowledge of the care market.
• To ensure all provisions are brokered within the Joint Commissioning and Procurement Frameworks.
• To source and negotiate spot packages of care of outside of any framework where appropriate.
• Manage the recording and administration around planning and agreeing care provision through up to date, thorough and accurate recording on relevant IT systems as required.
• Steer people’s support plans through the authorisation process including panels and other funding bodies.
• Set up packages of care with service providers, ensuring all relevant documents are in place, shared appropriately and commitments are understood and agreed by the relevant parties.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business