I am looking to speak to experienced Supply Chain and Merchandising candidates for a 12 month contract position with a well known retailer.
During this important period of growth and change for the business they require an exceptional candidate to manage and work closely with the main DC, freight agents, suppliers and Head Office teams to implement clear processes, procedures and systems to enable effective logistics and supply chain planning and delivery in line with set KPI’s.
In the role your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining positive relationships with the freight forwarder(s) in both the UK and origins and implement development plans to aid future cost savings and efficiencies.
- Engaging with Far East office providing fortnightly updates to the UK team on shipment planning & supplier PO critical path management in order to achieve shipment deadlines.
- Working closely with the Import Merchandiser ensuring CFS loads are planned and executed efficiently.
- Monitoring container utilisation ensuring we maximise all space within containers to a min 90% fill rate.
- Ensuring the WSSI always accurately represents DC intake from both Branded and Own Label suppliers, highlight areas of concern and recommend corrective actions ensuring stock meets budgeted cost and space requirements.
- Managing freight costs ensuring any exceptional costs are justified and signed off pre-authorising with the freight forwarder.
- Ongoing review of DC pick conversion and make the necessary changes to how SKU’s are replenished to stores i.e. single, inner packs, export cartons and liaise with Buyers, Merchandisers and suppliers to make the necessary changes.
- Working closely with the import Merchandiser to plan incoming delivery’s from origin through to the UK, in line with space restrictions at the DC.
If you have the relevant experience and want to explore an opportunity with one of the UK’s best loved retailers in their space, apply now with an up to date CV
There is a great benefits package along with a salary of up to £40k