Salary: £22k to £25k per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Our client, a National FMCG company based in Wetherby, West Yorkshire, are currently looking to recruit a Supply Planner to join their expanding team. The role of the Supply Planner is to ensure the Company’s stock profile is maintained to an optimum level
The role will involve:
• Create Works Orders and Purchase Orders necessary to maintain their portfolio at optimum stock levels.
• Regular & routine maintenance of planning parameters, e.g. safety stock levels and lead times, for items within their portfolio.
• Optimising planning performance to best support team and departmental objectives (e.g. Component availability & stock budget).
• Through whatever means necessary, proactively expedite materials with both external and internal suppliers to avert disruptions to material availability.
• By gaining an understanding of the requirement for the component, proactively develop purchase and stocking policy for new materials. This will affect MOQ, safety stock etc.
• Management of product portfolio to minimise slow moving and obsolete stock values
• If required – optimisation: using Secant optimisation software to reduce material wastage during cutting operations.
• Co-ordinate delivery schedules for retail product with Transport, Manufacturing and Customer Liaison.
• Provide forecasts for internal and external suppliers to help in their own capacity and maintenance plans.
• Ensure that orders placed on internal and external suppliers represent an achievable volume and that delivery dates will be met.
• Operational background within a large retail or manufacturing business
• Good IT Skills ( Procast, Excel, Minitab, Crystal Reports)
• Application & selection of mathematical modelling techniques (trends and seasonality)
• Strong analytical skills & statistical analysis
• Demonstrates programme /project management skills
• Capable to demonstrating systems implementation capability
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
For further information on the role please contact Rob Jones on 01423 503194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business