Supply Chain Specialist, 6 month contract; Blackburn; £17.77 PAYE per hour
A vacancy has arisen working for a large aerospace/defence company based in Blackburn. The role is working within the Air Sector as a Supply Chain Specialist and is working within the Case by Case Repairs Operations Team.
The Case by Case Repairs Operations Team plays a fundamental role in supporting the Customer Operational requirements across a specific programme. The role is required to coordinate and deliver customer requirements within stringent timescales and interaction with Customers/EPCs/Key Stakeholders across all business functions is integral to the role.
The role is responsible for expediting the existing order book and supporting the achievement of schedule adherence providing support to supply chain and procurement management processes.
Duties will involve;
1. Performance and Order Book Management from Customer Order Placement to Delivery back to end Customer including Monthly Schedule Adherence, Overdues, Queries.
2. Maintain order books/systems and provide updates to other stakeholders as required.
3. Produce weekly and monthly reporting packs.
4. Attend order book reviews with relevant sources of supply/Customers/EPCs.
5. Carry out necessary activities to process shipments from Customer to Supplier and return shipments on behalf of Suppliers.
6. Support activities relating to Customer Priority Requirements
7. Support the review of all current established processes/procedures and the updating in line with annual reviews.
The role demands an individual with excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus the ability to build and foster robust and collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and key suppliers is essential. The successful applicant will be flexible, self-motivated and have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of the Supply Chain and in addition, an understanding of the IFS System & procurement. You will have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Project. Good communication, team working & motivation skills are essential.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.