Supply Chain Planning assistant.
Although Wessex International has a 55-year history of innovation and manufacturing excellence we are still growing having increased our market share by 12% per annum for the past 2 years.
Wessex products consist of Innovative agricultural and ground-care machinery sold both in the UK and internationally. We are looking for a logically minded purchaser to join our team, working closely with our Purchasing manager to ensure consistent supply of components used within the manufacture of Wessex machinery.
This is a key role, personal fit and a progressive attitude being the attributes we most keenly seek. The successful candidate will be trained and mentored to reach the standards required.
Job Location - Andover, Hampshire. Commutable from Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Newbury, Basingstoke or Southampton and surrounding areas.
- Position type - permanent.
Principal Accountabilities of the role:
Forecasting and Procurement
- To understand lead-times from all suppliers to enable timely delivery of finished goods/raw materials to meet customer demands.
- Carry out forecasting of all finished goods using tools and systems available to consistently and timely identification of purchase requirements.
- Ensure all records are maintained in appropriate electronic files.
- Enter purchase orders and requisition information into supplier systems and/or raise purchase orders on suppliers.
- Review all system generated recommended purchase orders or requisitions to ensure consistency with inventory requirements.
- Liaise with Product Managers on a regular basis to ensure thorough understanding of future finished goods/capital equipment requirements.
- Monitor excess and obsolete inventory and develop strategies and/or plans to eliminate excess.
Supplier Development and Management
- Liaise with suppliers to discuss lowering the cost of supply, enhancing supply chain responsiveness, adoption of new technologies and entrepreneurial purchasing strategies.
- Develop relationships with suppliers such that knowledge of alternative materials is available at all times.
- Participate in business to business conference calls and meetings to facilitate excellence in supply chain processes.
- Participate in supplier/customer provided training to ensure a thorough understanding of the supply chain process and systems.
- Ensure timely Planning information is made available to key stakeholders and customers to satisfy reporting requirements.
- Ensure effective and current documentation of all Planning systems and processes are maintained.
Key competencies: -
- Experience of working within a fast-paced supply chain environment.
- Strong analytical and administration skills.
- Pursues work proactively with drive and suggests ways to improve processes to fulfil the department's need.
- Adapts to varying work situations and is flexible in the approach to resolving challenges.
- Proven project Management experience.
- Knowledge of MRP system management.
- Good spoken and written English with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to people at all levels within the organisation.
- Minimum of intermediate experience of MS XL.
- Lean process training
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Exchequer system experience
Graduate level or proven previous purchasing experience.
Benefits include: -
Stake Holder pension scheme.
20+ days per year paid holiday.
Free on-site parking
Up to £28,000 depending on experience.