I am currently recruiting for a world renowned privately-owned enterprise trading on a global basis, supplying precision machined components, fabrications and assemblies to leading OEM's in the aerospace, defence, marine, power generation and nuclear markets, demonstrating an impressive health and safety culture.
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 p.a.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for developing and improving the Supply Chain product quality; managing process improvement and new product introduction.
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Proactive engagement with nominated suppliers to manage quality performance
- New Product Introduction supplier development & qualification process confirmation * Supplier process capability studies
- Management of non-conforming parts including containment, investigation and subsequent 8D process
- Technical liaison between suppliers and Bromford on part or process issues, ensuring timely resolution and close out
- Supplier PFMEA and DFMEA documentation generation, submission and approval
- Process improvement and cost down project management with suppliers
- Quality and Supplier related KPI's and Business review participation
- New ways of working - e.g. release at source for onward processing etc.
The successful candidate for the Supplier Quality Engineers position will have the following experience:
- Previous experience working within a Supplier Quality role - Essential
- Educated to HNC or equivalent within a relevant engineering discipline - Desirable
- Lean manufacturing and six sigma experiences - Desirable
- Experience with PFMEA & DFMEA documentation - Essential
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job