Do you want to be noticed and make a difference?
We're getting ready to roll out a massive extension to our shop floor and warehouses and are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic supervisors to help us maximise it's success and make a real impact.
If you have supervisory experience in fast paced discount retail (front of house or warehouse), and enjoy delivering change, you could be just who we are looking for.
This role has great career potential for the right people!
- to be an excellent communicator, motivator and encourage a positive team culture.
- to be a pacesetter, encouraging staff by your example to work fast, accurately and safe.
- thrive on continuous improvement, identifying and delivering initiatives that make everyone's day run more smoothly and effectively.
Product knowledge is not required to apply but you'll need to be comfortable learning what we sell and working with the range.
In detail, you'll need to be: retail-focused, organised, a detail person with high standards of accuracy and reliability, and who can be an excellent role model for staff.
You'll need to thrive in a fast paced discount environment. As you will be involved in operational duties and floor management, the role will be physically active.
Through your own professional approach to work, and your ability to lead and motivate, you will instil confidence in other staff. You'll be consistent and fair, willing to take and give instructions, will train other staff and ensure they work within a given framework to attain good standards of productivity, safety and professionalism.
You will be proactive in your observations to help maintain and raise standards within the workplace and will be able to initiate and deliver projects under guidance of your manager.
You will oversee elements of the store and warehouse as directed by your manager and will cover the day-to-day running of the store and warehouse in the manager's absence. This may entail goods inward, warehousing, stock replenishment, merchandising, customer service, health and safety, process monitoring and in-store promotions.
What's in it for you?
- Salary package that can grow in line with your business achievements
- Working environment where innovation is encouraged
- Working in a business which is growing
- Working in a well resourced operation
- Close access to senior management
- Our business is built on reputation and is owner managed.
- We sell to both the trade and public.
- As a leading discounter, we sell large volumes at low prices.
- Our customers require a fast, efficient, reliable and friendly service with excellent stock availability and continuously low prices.
- We believe in continuous improvement in all areas and encourage new ideas and innovations.
- We are open 7 days per week with staff working to a rota.
- Most of our staff did not know our products before joining us. You will not be required to give technical advice.
You will also need to:
- be able to work quickly and accurately
- be a good communicator at all levels
- have good numerical skills
- be able to use a computer
Salary: Starting salary to be agreed depending upon the skills and experience you can bring to the post.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to notify applicants if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within 8 weeks, unfortunately your application was unsuccessful.
- Continuous Improvement
- Process Monitoring
- Supervisory Experience
- Delivering Change
- Floor Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job