Calon Cymru (previously known as Pathway Care Ltd) an established Independent Fostering Agency is looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join the Carmarthen team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, independent and skilled social worker to work with both specialist and mainstream placements. To manage a caseload of up to 12 carers (fte), and work within a dedicated team to improve the outcomes and lives of looked after children. The post cover would be Neath Port Talbot to Haverfordwest.
The role will entail:
- Being involved in the recruitment campaign for the programme foster carers.
- The recruitment, assessment and approval of foster carers.
- Supporting foster carers in the delivery of the specialist service programmes plus our mainstream placements
- Supervising foster carers in accordance with Fostering Regulations.
- Guide and support foster carers in understanding the developmental trauma needs of children, and how carers need to respond and care for the children who will present with challenging behaviours.
- Working closely with the Foster Carers, the team managers, the team and other professionals to deliver a high quality service.
• 28 days annual leave per annum (excluding bank holidays).
• Up to 4 days awarded for long service, one every 3 years, up to a maximum of 12 years.
• BUPA healthcare (after passing probationary period).
• Death in service.
• Government Workplace Pension contributions (at the moment stands at 1% employee and 1% employer).
• Car mileage (45p a mile for first 12,000 miles and then 25p a mile thereafter).
• Membership to Foster talk.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Birthday day off.
• Good Health Days.
Please apply with your CV and an application form will be emailed out to you should you pass the first screening stage.