Main purpose of job:
To support the Operations Service Manager in the recruitment, training, assessment, support and supervision of a range of foster carers ensuring high quality placements are available for looked after children.
- To produce comprehensive, professional assessments of prospective foster carers using BAAF Form 'F’ and the competency model.
- To present well written assessment reports and annual reviews to the foster panel within agreed timescales.
- To contribute to the foster carer’s initial and post-approval training programme, including 'Skills to Foster’ and contribute to running foster carer support groups.
- To support a number of approved foster carers by regular visits, telephone calls, attendance at children’s reviews and liaison with the child’s Social Worker.
- To take responsibility for ensuring children are in safe, caring placements that offer protection
- To undertake 'out of hours’ on-call duty on a rota basis, and support foster carers dealing with crises and needing advice.
- To keep accurate and up to date case records of ongoing support and supervision of foster carers and record significant occurrences or incidents in line with current legislation.
- To market the service to Local Authorities liaising with appropriate Managers and Social Workers and ensuring information is given to facilitate matching children’s needs to suitable foster carers.
- To have a good understanding of and work within the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations.
- To participate in regular professional supervision and continue to develop skills and knowledge in Childcare and Fostering.
- To work in a way that promotes anti-discriminatory practice at all times.
- To take personal responsibility for health and safety for self, colleagues and visitors
- To take responsibility for ensuring all health and safety recommendations for foster carers are implemented within agreed timescales and ensuring the health and safety of all children with foster carers.
- To identify the need for risk assessments, particularly in relation to the regulations and standards.
- To ensure all risk assessments are completed in a timely manner. To monitor their implementation and review them at least annually, or if circumstances warrant, more frequently.
- Any other duties relevant to the post.
The office base is Long Eaton, in Derbyshire on the Nottinghamshire boarder.
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.