Established in 2011 Wowcher is now the second largest daily deal site in the UK. Our site uses the power of group buying to get unbeatable deals on the best stuff to do, see, visit, eat and buy in a variety of cities in the UK. We target young, affluent females who can’t resist the temptation of our WOW factor deals, and focus our marketing spend on adding to our large database. Wowcherland can be found in Islington, London, where most of our fun and fabulous team reside.
Purpose of the role:
Our subeditors spend the majority of the day fact-checking, editing and scheduling a variety of informative and engaging deals to appear on the Wowcher and LivingSocial sites. Working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and creative environment, they use their keen eye for detail and passion for words to make sure that deals are written according to Wowcher’s tone of voice, in-house style guidelines and are free of any spelling, punctuation, grammar or factual errors. Creative, skilled writers by nature, the subeditors will also write occasional blog posts and deals to appear on site.
- Ensuring deals that appear on the site read well, are grammatically accurate and factually correct
- Scheduling deals to go live on the site and preparing email sends for our subscriber base
- Sourcing images and editing them using Photoshop
- Producing occasional blog posts on a variety of beauty, lifestyle and travel topics for Wowcher’s target demographic
- Ad hoc subediting of marketing and social media content
- Previous writing experience, examples of written work, or clear passion to be a subeditor
- High-level language skills, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and a fast and efficient working mindset
Content Management System knowledge
Basic Photoshop skills (beneficial, but not essential)
This role would be a great step for someone who has recently graduated, preferable from an arts/essay based subject.
Having written for a blog, website, university paper or any other publication is definatley preferred!
In return, we offer a large number of employee benefits including:
- Clear Progression Pathways.
- Lively Office Culture
- Monthly Sales Incentives
- Cycle Scheme
- Office Perks Include provided Breakfast, Sport Leagues, Out Of Office Activities & 'All-Bar-Wowcher’
- 25 Days Holiday
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Twice Annual Company Wide Parties
- Online Content
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'