Structural Technical Engineer
Structural Technical Engineer
Our chosen business partner is focused on establishing leading market position by providing innovative construction systems and solutions with a global reach. Within their core area of business, they have established an enviable position as a global leader in the design and manufacture of high quality building systems for the construction industry.
They are currently looking to recruit a Structural Technical Engineer to produce accurate and economical engineering designs with bill of materials. The successful candidates will provide advice and assistance to customers using our Multibeam, Multichannel & Multideck solutions. They will also form key working relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders to exploit every commercial opportunity whilst building relationships with customers. They will work within a team of engineers who are responsible for accuracy and completeness of their own work and who continue to meet tight deadlines that are agreed with customers.
* Produce accurate economical structural designs based on drawings and/or specifications provided by customers whilst applying relevant standards and codes of practice. The role will include the calculation of applied loadings, forces and stress distributions in structural members and matching these requirements to the performance of the structural product range.
* Help develop BIM capabilities.
* Play a leading role in the introduction and implementation of Salesforce.
* Support internal teams such as Technical, Customer Service, Quotations and Sales to ensure the correct performance and use of structural products whilst also collaborating so that the business benefits from every opportunity.
* Answer product related queries from external stakeholders via phone, e mail, web-chat and video conference as appropriate, giving best economic and practical solutions.
* Produce bill of materials based on designs that have been generated from drawings supplied for costing by the sales team. This may include marked up drawings or sketches of product use and layout.
* Attend design meetings where appropriate to provide advice and assistance.
* Support the external sales team by producing and delivering presentations to external stakeholders on
o Product / system performance
o Structural design & services offered
o Project specific designs
* Plan and produce specifications
* Develop checking routines and record testing of software solutions.
* Contribute to testing of products to determine performance using external facilities.
* Provide product and engineering design training as appropriate.
* A degree in engineering preferably Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
* Experience in engineering design of industrial building frame work or the design of cold formed sections would be advantageous.
* Familiar with relevant codes of practice, Eurocodes and British Standards that apply to the design of cold formed sections and building structures would also be advantageous.
* Self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a focus on high quality work.
* Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Personable team player and customer focused with the ability to build long lasting relationships.
* Flexible to work extended hours as required to meeting deadlines.
* Full driving licence.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"