Our client is seeking a Cleansing Operative on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 07:30 - 15:30. At a pay rate of £9.00 Per Hour
Under the general supervision of a Cleansing Supervisor and day to day direction of the Cleansing Chargehand, to undertake street cleansing duties and other relevant operations. These include street cleansing and sewer work to an acceptable standard
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out sweeping, both manual and with mechanical sweepers, litter picking, litter bin emptying, leaf fall collection and other general cleansing duties including public conveniences throughout the area.
- To dispose of all waste arising in an effective manner and accordance with the Duty of Care requirements and other appropriate legislation relating to waste disposal.
- To undertake the detoxification of refrigeration units.
- To undertake the application of pesticides and other associated duties to control weed growth in designated areas.
- To undertake the collection of illegally tipped waste on highways and open spaces and to collect items as required including bulky items, dead animals, dog faeces and other items discarded by members of the public, making decisions on the best methods of collection and disposal.
- To undertake, in the event of severe weather conditions, clearance of snow and ice from pedestrian areas, carry out flood damage clearance and to assist in any emergency relief operations as may be necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Physical fitness is essential
- An approved course in pesticide application (NAC) as part of job training
- Full driving licence is essential
- Experience in a relevant cleansing/waste environment is preferred
- The job may involve standing and/or walking all day with frequent bending and lifting.
- Lifting gully covers.
- Lifting of bulky items for special collection and collection of fly-tips
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'