Our client a market leader in their field has an opening for a Datacentre Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer to join their team for a 6 month contract.
The role will encompass:
- Delivering Data Centre Operation on a 24/7 basis, including but not limited to incidents, problem management, monitoring.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintenance of virtualization technologies to include VMware vSphere components utilizing VCE Vblock converged infrastructure and EMC Storage Arrays.
- Responsibility for monitoring and maintaining backup systems and performing restoration of services when required.
- Responsible for system security patching as described in the clients processes.
- Proactive and undertake preventative maintenance of all components that make up our client's server hosting platforms.
- Systems monitoring
- Proven background working within a similar role.
- Experience of working on remote networks and 'lights out' Data Centres.
- VCP Certification required.
- MCSA required
- EMC Proven Professional desirable
- VCE Certification desirable
- EMC Storage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job