Staff Nurse - Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Band 5/6
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse (Band 5 or 6) to join our Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit based at The London Clinic’s Duchess of Devonshire hospital in Central London. We are offering a competitive salary of £38,906 - £43,590 per annum, and we offer a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located around Harley Street. Our Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit comprises of 16 rooms all with en-suite facilities. We provide surgical care to patients with a range of diagnostics from the different specialties, including Plastics and Reconstructive, Breast Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Inpatient ENT and Ophthalmology as well as Investigative Procedures.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: Mixed Shift Rotation - Long Days & Nights including Weekends (7:45am to 8:15pm & 8pm to 8am).
- Job Location: This role is located at our hospital in London, W1G 6JA (Close to Regents Park & Baker Street tube stations).
- Salary: £38,906 - £43,590 (inclusive of London Weighting & shift enhancements), and dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 day’s annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for individualised patient care acting as the named nurse, using the relevant nursing models and documentation for the department.
- Promote a patient focused approach to care as well as safe practice and professional conduct.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, to ensure the effective care and treatment of patients.
- Coordinate the patients discharge arrangements and complete patient documentation correctly.
- Contribute to research and development programmes as well as uphold quality initiatives that improve ‘customer care’ and participate in the audit process for monitoring and reviewing nursing Quality.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Post registration experience in surgical nursing with experience of IV drug administration.
- Experience of plastic and reconstructive surgery nursing and working in breast care management would be desirable.
- Awareness of evidence-based practice and the importance of research-based care.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to prioritise own workload effectively and work as part of a team.
The London Clinic has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes. We have approx. 1350 employees across 8 sites, where we cover a broad range of specialisms, including complex medical and surgical procedures and a comprehensive range of cancer and outpatient services.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'