Senser Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a residential Special Needs School based in Westerham, Kent
The school is set on beautiful grournds across many acres of land in Westerham in Kent. The school has superb facitlities and has residential quarters for some of the students who attend the school.
The school caters for children and young people who have physical disabilties, learning needs, autism and some medical needs also.
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced Special Needs Support Workers /SEN Teaching Assistant's to join their dedicated and friendly team on long term contract with a view to extend onto a permanent contract.
To work with the students in the residential part of the school ensuring they are properly cared for at all times and all personal care or physical/personal care needs are looked after in line with the children/young persons care plan.
To assist in washing, dressing, feeding and domestic chores, promoting independance, choiceand healthy lifesytle choices at all times. You will also accompany the student/s to on and offdite acitivities and encourage intergration into the community.
The school fully supports their staff and has great staff retnention. They offer an abundance of training and progression opportunities as well as the room to progress within their career.
They currently has over 100 students on roll.
The hours required are (7am - 2pm) and (2pm - 10pm). Rota basis
The reason for these openings within the school is due to a number of students joining the school requiring 1 to 1 support.
Duties will include (but are not limited to )
- Moving and handling
- Use of hoists
- Washing and Bathing
- Dressing students ready for school
- Aiding with feeding and mealtimes
- To provide 1:1 support
- Engaging the child in activities and lessons as required
- To build a relationship with the child and encourage independence, social interaction and engagement
- To support students within the learning and/or residential environment
- To promote each studentâ€™s intellectual, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development
- Promote a caring environment
- Ensure that communication with students, staff and other departments is professional and
- maintain high standards of safety and observe good practice in relation to health and safety issues
- To ensure that studentsâ€™ care plans are implemented
- Effective recording of information
****This role will include a substantial amount of moving and handling and personal care.****
Essential skills needed for the role
- Previous experience supporting children and young people with special needs and physical disabilities
- Enhanced DBS (Adult and Child) registered on the DBS Online Update Service
- Previous experience providing personal care
- Previous experience working within a similar setting
- Manual handling trained (Certificate within 1 year - course must have been a practical day course not an online course)
- Excellent communication skills
- From a care/healthcare or education (SEN) employment background
- The desire to make a difference
- Willingness to learn
- Exceptional communication skills
- Qualification in Special Needs/ Supporting Teaching and Learning In Schools / Health and Social Care Qualification
- Experience supporting children and young people with: autism, mild learning difficulties, severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties, communication difficulties
- Medical experience
- British Sign Language
- PEG/PEJ feeding trained
- Tracheotomy trained
- Oxygen trained
- Hoist/ Manual Handling trained
Please note all offers of employment are subject to compliance checks, DBS and barring checks and good references covering a period of 5 years. You must be over 18 to apply.
Senser Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their sexual orientation, race, colour, religious beliefs, background, age and gender
To apply for this rewarding position please submit your full and up to date cv listing ALL relevant experience, training and qualifications or call and ask to speak to Emma
- Learning Disabilities
- Personal Care
- special needs