Sous Chef / Second Chef
The Client is a beautiful traditional rosette British pub set in a rural location within Hampshire. Their team is devoted to creating delicious modern British cuisine using local farms and estates. They also have eight fantastic country style rooms & the existing team’s hard work has earned us two rosettes.
- You will be working under a very talented Head Chef that has been award and maintained 2 rosettes
- Able to progress within the Company.
- A salary between £24,000 - £26,000 per annum will be offered
- Tips and tronc
- Staff Discount & Incentives
- Opportunity to work to a 2 AA rosette standard & learn new, modern techniques
- Internal Training and Company Progression
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join and help lead the brigade. Ideal candidates will have bags of drive and energy, work well under pressure and will have the ability to contribute to menu writing with a passion for good quality food. As Sous Chef you will be supporting the Head Chef and leading the kitchen in their absence with the ability to motivate and train junior members of the team.
- Experience in busy kitchens at 1 Rosette level or higher
- Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce
- Takes pride in what they do and genuinely cares
- Has a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas
- Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it
- Ability to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence
- Communicate daily to the relevant departments
- Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets
- Level 2 certification in food hygiene
If you would like more information about the roles or you would like to be one of the first to apply, then please submit your CV to us via the advert or do not hesitate to call the office on and ask for Graham.
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted - Thank you for your application
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.