Sound Studio Technician
Main activities and responsibilities
- To work in close collaboration with technical team to provide high quality technical support and demonstrations in relation to teaching, research and enterprise within the designated curriculum area.
- Present and demonstrate technologies, processes, software and/or associated equipment to individuals or groups of students, staff and other identified stakeholders as required.
- Undertake the preparation of the sound studio and sound facilities for classes and projects, making sure that they are safe, supplied and maintained.
- Manage the sound studios bookings via our online booking system.
- Work closely with, and be able to deputise for the technical team colleagues, including rota duty covering evening support hours across the facility. Occasional overtime may be required at busy periods of the year.
- Provide expert advice related to the procurement, use and implementation of the associated technologies, including testing and evaluation of systems or relevant software.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all specialist equipment in the designated area/s, providing installation and hardware support where appropriate or liaising with external partners as required ensuring that the systems remain operational.
- To act as health and safety representative for activities taking place within designated workshop/laboratory spaces ensuring that the facilities are fully compliant with all health and safety regulations. Carry out risk assessments and keep appropriate records.
- Maintain, develop and broaden expertise with his/her own knowledge of processes, systems and procedures associated with the area evaluating and implement new technical advances, innovations in hardware, software or processes in line with professional practice.
- Undertake other temporary duties commensurate with the level of the role, as agreed through the appropriate line management structure with the Studios Manager to meet the requirements of the department.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'