Playing a pivotal role the Solution Architect will rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new technologies, develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Digital Platforms Strategies. Engage, mentor, support and motivate team members in their development and provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice.
The role will major in Architecting solutions to evolve cross channel, dynamic Customer Marketing capabilities.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe's largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Solution Architect you will act as the technical design and architecture authority for the area and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, assuring the solution adheres to the planned architecture and all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied. You will also continuously look for opportunities to simplify and rationalise the platform technology stack.
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for working with a multi-skilled design and engineering team for the function and be accountable for overall design quality as well as assuring solutions are designed with efficiency in regards to total cost of ownership (TCO).
You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in the field. You will think ahead and understand the overall business strategy and you will use these insights to shape the architecture of the web domain. You will ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
You will have a strong background of agile delivery models (onshore and near/offshore) in an international context, working with senior technology and business stakeholders and managing large-scale, cloud-based technology stack. You will advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices across the domain.
Security is part of everyone's job. They practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience of Customer and Marketing oriented projects - inception to go-live
- Proven track record in designing scalable, highly-performant and resilient global solutions
- Strong grasp of and experience with cloud technology (AWS), cloud architecture, scalable design patterns, CI/CD, DevSecOps practices, microservices and ideally microfrontends
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices and be able to incorporate these into the designs.
- Conception of strategic, innovative software and system architectures for the further development of online and IT systems
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders
- Passionate about agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile WoW.
- Able to develop a helicopter view and a long-term vision.
- Systems thinker with a strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage a range of priorities
- Problem solver with a pragmatic evangelist approach to drive the spirit required in a fast-paced digital space.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries. Able to disagree yet align.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions
What can be offered?
- Flexible working
- Remote Working
- Generous annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus schemes for innovation, new business, and employee referrals
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please apply and one of our certified consultants will give you a call.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'