- Provide technical architecture governance to projects ensuring that the IT solutions support the stated objectives and are coherent in simplifying the GI landscape, reducing the total cost of ownership and delivering business value.
- Work with the business, procurement and partners to implement robust architecture and IT solutions ensuring the business requirements are met and follow the agreed GI standards and principles.
- Manage project architecture risks and issues, ensuring significant issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner whilst balancing the cost / exposure.
- Input into the Enterprise Architecture team’s architecture blueprints, roadmaps and communicate these where appropriate. Whilst also helping to define and maintain them.
- Perform technical due diligence, working closely with IT Security, Information Security, Operations and Delivery Management, understanding risks and options to reduce exposure. Define resolution and passed across for formal resolution. Were risks are recommended for acceptance, ensure that the Risk Committee is appropriately appraised of the facts and can make an informed decision.
- Commercial awareness and able to understand documents such as statement of work (SoW) from a solution perspective and be able to robustly challenge the appropriateness of partner designs to ensure the most cost effective and re-usable solution is handed over to delivery.
- Understand major technology trends and recommend innovations that deliver business value
- Provide technical input into projects to ensure that cost savings / avoidance initiatives are driven through to delivery as part of the wider outcome from change.
- Engages with key stakeholders within the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure relationships are developed and maintained, e.g. Business, Infrastructure, Data, Technical Architects and Delivery Managers.
- Work alongside other BU architects and SSIT to share knowledge and insight regarding insurance-wide architectural issues and impacts at the Insurance Architecture Forum.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure projects adhere to L&G Architectural principles and processes, to identify and close down Key Architectural Decisions, and provide guidance to project development teams such that projects are delivered to schedule and in line with business expectations.
- Mid-tier Java platforms (JEE, WebSphere Application Server).
- Application integration with multiple platforms and data sources (Mainframe, mid-range, SOA, ESB technologies).
- Enterprise content management products.
- Portal / User Experience Platform (UXP) technologies.
- Database technologies (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Data Warehousing and reporting (e.g. Business Objects, Ab-initio, SAS).
- IT infrastructure (SAN technologies, basic networking, Wintel, Linux, zOS, Hypervisors).
- IT security (e.g. OWASP, WS-Security).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job