Working in the Engineering and Operations department, the Solution Architect works as part of a wider Plusnet Architecture team and is responsible for defining solution designs for roadmap business projects.
As a Solution Architect you will…
- Take an end to end perspective of how to deliver internet Over-The-Top (OTT) services such as Internet/IPTV and PSTN and broader ISP Value added services such that technical and component designs are then guided consistently towards core strategic architectural goals.
- Work with business stakeholders and Platform Architects to achieve a framework for subsequent solution design which is upholding of functional and technical platform roadmaps, whilst delivering required value to the business.
- Define and communicate the optimal solution architecture for specific end-to-end delivery programs, and ensure that technical designs are consistently aligned to the business and architectural strategy.
- Engage with Functional and Technical Platform architects to collaboratively establish the most effective intersection of solution architecture and platform evolution roadmap such that funding can be effectively aligned in support of solution and evolution agendas.
- Provide support on projects carrying out elements of the research, analysis and/or delivery support where additional definition of elements of solution architecture is required.
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience and outlook…
- Knowledge of OSS/BSS architecture
- Experienced Solution Architect who has a good working knowledge of formal architectural design methods such as TOGAF
- Experience of presenting solution designs aligned to architectural frameworks
- Knowledge of the TMF reference Architecture and experience of applying to solution designs
- Experience in Owning and leading technical solutions
- Knowledge of the UK ISP Industry
- Experience in designing complex solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the business.
- Capable of working autonomously, and with a wider architecture team, business analysts, business stakeholders and technical teams
- Can adapt information/style to the audience, explaining difficult issues clearly, to establish consensus and reach agreement.
- Able to share expertise and provide guidance to others
- Able to provide analytical insight and will have commercial experience and business acumen
- Can manage own time to meet agreed targets and develop plans for specific work activities in own area over the short-term, which will include forecasting resource requirements.
Plusnet is a Yorkshire based ISP with a unique brand identity. It’s a fast paced environment yet our offices have a distinctly friendly and informal feel to them - we know that you can do great business without the suits. We believe in making a difference, team work and putting the customer first in everything that we do. It’s an approach that’s allowed us to keep delivering award winning products and services for nearly 20 years!
Whatever your career ambitions, Plusnet is committed to giving you the skills and support that you need in order to achieve your goals; whether it’s training and development or just a breather over a game of table tennis or pool!
Of course there’s lots of other reasons to work at Plusnet; we’ll support you through a wide range of "Plusnetter" perks including free staff broadband & phone packages, pension, bonus & shares scheme and numerous discounts on items such as cinema tickets, mobile tariffs, city parking, gym memberships and much more!
So, if you’re looking to think creatively, challenge yourself and make the decisions that matter - we’d love to hear from you!