Solidworks Design Engineer - Adlington, Nr Macclesfield
£23,000 - £26,000 starting salary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SOLIDWORKS Design Engineer to join our Client who is one of the UK`s leading street furniture manufacturers, supplying high quality outdoor solutions primarily to the construction industry.
With two manufacturing plants based in Cheshire and Lancashire, the company has a combined 40,000sq.ft. production facility, where it creates premium street furniture - from seating, litter bins and planters to walkways, canopies and challenging bespoke fabrications.
As a SOLIDWORKS Design Engineer you will be fully conversant with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD, and will use the system to develop and communicate the technical and visual aspects of the products.
Your customers will be both the sales and marketing teams of all companies within the group and externally, the UK`s largest building contractors and leading landscape architects.
An ideal SOLIDWORKS Design Engineer will be familiar with, and have confidence in specifying a range of steel and timber structures, inclusive of the most appropriate fixing and finishing methods.
These specifications will be informed by initial customer enquiry and evolve through GA drawings and rendered visuals through to a full manufacturing pack with an accurate BOM.
Your Experience / Skills
The candidate must have:
• Knowledge of SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD (specifically weldments, sheet metal and drawings)
• Demonstrative experience in a high variation, low volume manufacturing environment.
• Ability to communicate equally well with customers and technical staff.
• Self-motivation in personal and departmental development.
• Excellent technical aptitude in steel and timber fabrication.
• SOLIDWORKS official certifications as proof of software proficiency.
• In-depth knowledge of SOLIDWORKS custom properties and parametric linking.
• Exposure to SOLIDWORKS Visualize for creating high-quality rendered images.
• Experience designing products for public spaces (street furniture, playgrounds etc.)
• Background in steel fabrication.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Support the sales team in the creation of general assembly (GA) drawings required during the quotation and order validation process.
• Support the operations team in the creation of detailed and accurate manufacturing drawings.
• Review returned customer comments on submitted drawings and to review the impact on cost and feasibility.
• Assist in the creation of marketing material for product literature, company website and targeted social media output.
If you feel you have the necessary experience and meet the criteria given above please send you most recent CV to Additional Resources Limited.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Solidworks Design Engineer