Software Engineer, Abingdon, 35k-50k
Our client is a World leading and innovative engineering company, developing products and technologies for applications in the scientific and security sectors. Due to continued expansion they are seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute towards the design and development of software programs, products and tools required for the operation and control of programmable products.
The main responsibilities of the Software Engineer will include:
- You will be a part of the product development team and participate in the development of new products
- You will play an important role in the design of new instrument software platform for the pharmaceutical industry
- Design and develop software programs, products and tools required for the operation and control of programmable products
- You are expected to document research and design specifications
- Facilitate transition of product design and enhancement to full production/delivery
- Lead or have a key role in development and/or design modules including coordination with other functions
- Solve a broad range of problems of varying scope and complexity
- Developing code modules to a design specification.
The following skills and experience are beneficial:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering or related engineering disciplines
- Minimum 5 years' experience of working in software development
- Good understanding of: C#, .NET and object-oriented programming methodologies
- Technical knowledge of database concepts and computer network technologies
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts and test-driven development
- Worked in early stage product development and familiar with Product Development Lifecycle
- Know-how in using source code control systems (Git or others)
- Understanding of project and workflow management
- Experience of OpenLab, SIPAT or Internet of Things
- Experience of Jira
On offer is a salary in the region of £35,000 - £50,000 plus a range of benefits including 25 days holiday, pension and company bonus.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job