Software Engineer/Developer (Robotics) - Home Based
Job; Software Engineer/Developer (Robotics) - Home Based
This is for an expanding company with big ideas. They are creators of a modular industrial robotics platform reconfigurable in-the-field to perform a wide range of missions using a variety of sensors and tools, different physical configurations, and various terrain-optimised traction systems.Their first-generation platforms have been used at CERN, National Physical Laboratory and in the nuclear clean-up at Chernobyl.
They are now embarking on the design & development of their next-generation software platform.Based around an open-source software stack, their plan is to give end-users even greater flexibility to augment and enhance their base platform with their own tools, sensors and software, as well as to leverage existing open-source projects and developer communities.
They’re looking for a passionate hands-on and self-driven software developer with demonstrable open-source robotics experience to lead the development of their new software platform. As a member of their engineering team, you’ll be involved in full life-cycle of software development, from architectural design and planning, through to delivery or well-designed, testable and efficient code.
- Propose and validate initial architectural designs
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Collaborate on flow charts, layouts and documentation to clarify requirements & solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop automated software test plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
Critical Skills & Experience;
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer/Developer, with evidence of work in robotics.
- High proficiency in Python and C++.
- Proficiency and demonstrable experience in using Robotics Operating System (ROS).
- Good understanding and proven experience in key robotics areas: Motion planning, SLAM, Manipulators (FK, IK, Robot arms), wheel/drive control, Autonomous Intelligent Systems.
- Understanding of Networked Systems and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP for ROS), low level protocols desirable (Ethercat, CAN).
- Proficiency in Git.
- Experience with Unix systems, specifically for robotics or low-latency applications.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering or another relevant field.
- Experience using agile workflow and Jira, Confluence project management tools.
- Experience with products such as Maxon motors, Kinova arms, XSense IMUs, Hokuyo Lidars, SLAM libraries like Octomap, icp-slam, openSlam.
- Experience in with robotics projects, simulators (Gazebo), deploying code on hardware.
- £’s; fully DoE up to approx. £50k (neg.) + benefits,
- Location; can be based from home /remotely, ideally able to visit the M3 corridor / London area as/when required.
- Interested? Please send CV (preferably as a Word doc as opposed to PDF),
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? -Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; Robotics Engineering Software Engineer Developer Python C++ Robotics Operating System ROS Motion planning SLAM, Manipulators FK IK Robot arms control Autonomous Intelligent Systems Networked Systems protocols TCP/IP UDP ROS low level Ethercat CAN Git Unix low-latency Agile workflow Jira Confluence project management Maxon motors Kinova, XSense IMUs Hokuyo Lidars SLAM Octomap icp-slam openSlam Gazebo London Marlow home based remote
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"