Caspian One are seeking software professionals to work directly with a multi-award winning Fintech Organisation's customers and to engineer solutions for complex business problems using the client's powerful technology.
Our client’s software consultants combine strong technical skills, with interactive customer-facing business analysis, customizing and enhancing their products to drive customer success in electronic trading.
This role is ideal for engineers who want to get their hand's dirty building systems while also learning new business domains, continually commanding both the big picture and the details. Our client's software consultants help customers realize their goals through sophisticated technology solutions, while also driving forward product portfolio’s that are transforming the way their clients do business.
- Design, develop, and release sophisticated applications for high-performance distributed trading systems
- Customize the clients highly configurable products to assemble novel solutions that achieve client business objectives
- Be 100% responsible for successful solution launches, including deployment of new releases to production and active adoption by customer users
- Perform business analysis and engage in day-to-day interaction with customer users (traders, developers, quants, technology and business managers).
- Consistently develop expertise in customer workflows and objectives and command understanding of the customer value being delivered.
- Proactively convey status to customers and seek mutually beneficial new opportunities
- Maintain the clients brand and advance their impeccable reputation for customer satisfaction. This is to ensure confidence in the client at all levels for the customer.
- Be a team player—share information openly, help others, be open to new ideas, and "go the extra mile" when needed
- Exceptional distributed systems programming skills
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles, life cycle, and best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive requirements gathering and quickly learn new industry domains and technology
- Strong communication and customer relationship management skills.
- Front office capital markets knowledge a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Strong self-management skills, initiative, and ability to juggle multiple disparate projects
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; Master’s preferred
- Candidates will face stringent technical interviews
- 3-5 years programming in at least one industry-standard language (C++, C#, C, Java)
- 1-3 years in a customer-facing and hands-on technical role
- Experience with Python, Perl, Linux, Win 32, and/or UNIX/Solaris a plus
- Experience with financial software and/or financial trading, especially in fixed income, a plus
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus
- Experience with real-time distributed systems and fast-cycle version iterations a plus
- Business Analysis
- Software Engineering