We are looking to hire a hands-on Software Solutions Architect with experience of developing software architectures for a range of platforms ( e.g Cloud based, mobile, web and desktop) and for a range of industry sectors such as medical, consumer and industrial/commercial applications. This is a job for someone who loves designing the architecture but is also still passionate about writing code.
Based in a purpose built and start-of-the-art R&D facility just outside Cambridge, you will be working with some of the country's most talented software developers and engineers, creating solutions for a wide array of next generation technologies. You will see your ideas turn into real tangible products in short time scales and across applications including medical devices, industrial automation and consumer technology products.
The company is an excellent employer so you can expect a very competitive salary and benefits package coupled with superb opportunities for personal career development.
* Excellent software architect and hands-on software development skills using C#
* Experience in technically leading a project team to develop small scale enterprise style software solutions.
* Professional experience in Middleware design such as the design of message queues and web services
* Database architecture and design skills (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL)
* Design experience using user interaction technologies both web-based (HTML5) and dedicated clients (XAML, WPF)
* An excellent academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in computer science, information technology or a related subject from a top university.
You might also have (but not essential):
* Smart phone / tablet cross platform development skills (e.g Xamarin Forms)
* Java development skills
* Design for cybersecurity experience
* Best practice professional knowledge of software management tools use (ie Version control, bug tracking, building and continuous integration, testing frameworks, etc)
* Software development experience with custom client devices (e.g. bespoke rich client software connecting to the system executing on custom, often embedded, hardware)
Location: Cambridge ( Commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Bury St Edmunds, Bedford, North London, Harlow, Stevenage, etc)
Salary: £55k - £85k + Benefits (depending on experience)
- Software Engineer
- solution architect
- Software developer
- Software Architect