Sociology and Psychology Teacher Needed in Secondary School Based in Brent – April Start!
For an April start, the school are looking for an outstanding Sociology and Psychology teacher to join them on a Permanent basis.
• Mixed Academy school with a fantastic sixth form
• The School believes in being fully inclusive focused on the needs of each student. Pupils have an exemplary attitude towards independent critical thinking, leading to a highly positive climate for learning. Both staff and the governing body work closely to ensure students excel both academically and personally.
• Led by an ambitious Headmaster, staff are invested in continuous pupil development. The School achieved a ‘Good’ rating in their most recent inspection, and are now pushing for “Outstanding” for their next review.
• Pride themselves on the wide range of curriculum options that they are able to offer their students
• As a Sociology and Psychology Teacher, you will be teaching up to Key Stage 5 to an exceptional standard.
• Students are from diverse backgrounds with ranging abilities. A passion for Social Science, pupil success and the ability to adapt to individual student needs is key.
• Staff members must be committed to working together to maintain high quality throughout the school.
What you will need:
• Qualified Teachers Status with a PGCE or equivalent in Sociology, Psychology or another relevant subject.
• The school are very keen to hear from both NQTS, as well as experienced Teachers.
• Sound knowledge of the UK Curriculum.
• Key skills/qualities needed include: strong subject knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm for teaching, strong communication skills and sound behaviour management within the classroom.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Competitive pay rates.
• 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment.
• The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes.
• Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Reed Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business