LOCATION: Waltham Forest, Enfield, Camden, Haringey
SALARY: Depending on role and experience
INDUSTRY: Local government, Social care, Children, Family Support, Youth
HOURS: Full-Time, Part-Time, Temporary and Permanent
A new multi-disciplinary Access & Referral Inter-borough system to receive, filter and prioritize all service requests and referrals to Children’s Services within 24 hours of receipt, backed up by three specialist Assessment teams focused on assessing Children in Need and undertaking child protection enquiries.
- With support from an experienced permanent Practice Manager, to review all incoming contacts & referrals and then support Referral & Advice Officers with analysis of information gathered for recommendations on calls and referrals assigned to them.
- To work closely with professionals within and outside of the team to identify the most appropriate support for children and their families and make informed recommendations to the manager for decision.
- Where required to research, determine and arrange urgent Strategy Meetings in a timely manner with appropriate professionals where there is a risk of significant harm to a child
- To ensure referrers and families are informed of outcome of the referral in writing where appropriate and undertake the necessary recording.
- To attend multi-agency network meetings to present information about the team, thresholds and processes.
- To attend multi-agency information sharing meetings and arrangements to identify children and families that may need to be referred to Children’s Services.
- To build effective links with partner agencies to further develop the understanding of thresholds and services.
- To ensure that children are seen alone, their wishes and feelings are ascertained and this is reflected in the assessment and case recordings.
- To address the reasons for referral with the care givers and capture these in the Single Assessment.
- To support families via child in need and child protection processes, undertaking section 47 child protection investigations and also when required request removal of children from their families via Public Law Processes.
- To be responsible for assessing and ensuring the right outcomes are realized for the family in the interim - case closure, step down to early help, transfer via child in need, child protection or child looked after processes.
- To inform referrers and other involved professionals the outcome of the assessment where appropriate.
- You must be HCPC registered as a Social worker with at least 1 years’ relevant post qualifying statutory experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Join us and you will get:
- Highly competitive salary
- Managed caseload
- Regular supervision with space for reflective practice
- Strong and supportive team membership
- Team based learning opportunities
- A joint training programme with University departments (please visit CBC Academy of Social Work and Early Intervention for more information).
- Child Protection
- Public Law
- Information Sharing