Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker's across the North of England including for a Children’s Services department at Bury Council.
This particular role is for this Emergency Duty Team. To provide an Emergency Social Work Service to Children, Adults and their families across the Social Care Service as required, including discharging statutory and non-statutory duties on behalf of the Local Authority.
• To provide advice, emotional support and practical interventions to people facing crisis situations outside of day time office hours.
• To investigate allegations of abuse and neglect of children and young people and take appropriate safeguarding action in accordance with Bury Safeguarding Children Board procedures.
• To respond to adult safeguarding concerns in accordance with the adult safeguarding procedure.
• To undertake assessments under the Mental Health Act, 1983, [as amended 2007].
Applications from Social Workers who have previously worked and gained post qualifying experience within such environments are very welcome.
We would ask that applicants meet the following: -
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Bury Council are offering an hourly rate of £26.88 per hour (Umbrella) for this post.
Contracts are full-time and offered for a minimum of 3 months.
Ashberry Recruitment work with the majority of local authorities within the North of England and Midlands. Our team of specialist Social Work Consultants are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency career.
Please contact Gavin Wintersgill should you like to discuss these vacancies further or should you wish to discuss any other QSW vacancies within the North of England.