Explore Transport are currently looking to recruit a Small Tools Fitter in our Plant Hire Division.
Please see below for further details:
- The purpose of the role will be to support the increased business in the north and to main the PAV Fleet.
Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday (48 Hours)
Main responsibilities and objectives:
- Maintain Records of works completed and supporting processes.
- Delivery of continuous improvement.
- Support of operatives to complete Autonomous Maintenance tasks (Daily checks etc.)
- Adhere to all Safety related documentation (Safe Systems of Work, Visual Task Sheets & Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc.) for all maintenance activities
- Ensure Safety related documentation (Risk Assessments/Permits to work etc.) for all maintenance work are completed where required
- Strong & Proactive communication with team.
- Support management with root cause problem solving exercises
- Timesheets submitted in a timely manner to management
- Task sheets completed on time and to the required level of detail
- Improvement in plant availability
- Zero AFR & DIFR and reduction of AAFR to 0.1 or below
- Play your part in a reduction on overall maintenance spend year on year by suggesting alternative ways
- Remain legally compliant and provide safe operations
- NVQ Level 2/3 Plant Maintenance/time served or equivalent
- CSCS card
- Strong maintenance background with excellent understanding of small plant/tools machinery ranging from 6kva Generators, floor preparation equipment, breakers & various electrical tools
- Electrical fault finding
- Fault Diagnosis
- General servicing and defect repair
- Problem solving
- Planning and organising
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge Continuous improvement
- CSCS Card
- Plant Engineering
- Plant Maintenance