Are you a of Site Supervisor with a heavy civils background? Are you immediately available and looking for a new role to work on a short term contract, with the potentail to become long term?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity, working with a well known reputable contractor in the Kent area.
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: November 2018
Rate: £200 - 230 per day (rate negotiable, depending upon experience)
Randstad CPE Contact: Louise Pridmore (Maidstone branch)
This is a great opportunity working on a well known project in the Kent aream initially on a short term contract, but with a view thast this contract may become much longer term.
This role will be site based for a minimum of 6 weeks.
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising with clients and project teams, including contractors, stakeholders and all other outside parties, ensuring construction works are carried out with minimum disturbance
- Co-ordinating the contractors work
- Ensuring materials received are checked and approved before installation
- Following Contractors Quality Management Systems and making sure contractors are also following these (E.g. ITP's, trial panels etc.)
- Monitoring programme against site activities
- Ensuring the delivery of the project on site and ensuring safe systems of works are maintained at all times
- Maintaining a daily / weekly diary, making sure everything is recorded; progress of work, defects and any special incidents arising
- Submitting reports on any incidents
- Assisting the commercial team with measurement of works completed for monthly valuations
- Ensuring measurement records are maintained
- Ability to work at heights, from ladders or working platforms, over/on water, in confined spaces and in varying weather conditions.
- Ensuring O&M manuals and all other relevant documents are completed in accordance with the clients project templates
- Ensuring contractors are undertaking surveys and capturing As-built information
- Ensuring pre-completion inspections are arranged and any defects are corrected by the Contractors
- Previous experience in a Supervisor role, working with a Civil Engineering contractor
- HNC/HND in a Construction based discipline
- Previous experience in heavy civils projects, with a bias in highways and highways pavements, earthworks, concrete pavements and structures
- CSCS Card - Site manager or Supervisor level
- Excellent coordination skills and the ability to demonstrate liaising between Contractors representatives and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Understanding of the CDM Regulations and Health & safety legislation.
- SMSTS qualification
- £200 - 230 per day
- 6 week contract (minimum)
- Local project
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'