Our client is currently looking for a Site Supervisor, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
This role is based in the Newham area covering three schools in the Newham borough. The Site Supervisor is a key staff member on site and the contact point for all service staff and contractors and will be expected to work with them effectively as well as manage all on site services.
The successful candidate will be expected to work a shift pattern covering the hours 06:30am till 21:00pm.
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for site management including identifying problems requiring the organisation of contractors or other resources necessary for the effective and efficient performance of their duties and the good management of the site and the contract.
Site management duties include but are not restricted to:
- Minor repairs
- Assist in the event of an emergency
- Snow clearing/gritting for frost
- Assist in fire alarm testing
- Meter reading
- Graffiti removal
- Liasise with the client’s helpdesk to close down jobs
- Secure the building and lock all doors at the end of the day
- Set and reset intruder alarms
- Report faults to FM team
- Respond to report of intruders
- Lock and unlock classrooms as required
- Assist in building evacuation in accordance with the evacuation procedures
- Respond to out of hour alarm call outs if requested
- Checking exterior lighting
- Unlocking car park gates
- Out of hours reception
- Key holding duties
- Where the cleaning is carried out by contractors, the Site Supervisor will be the onsite client representative for the school cleaning contract, with delegated responsibility for monitoring and liaising with contractors.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a safe, secure and healthy environment under the direction of the Senior Site Supervisor/Facilities Manager. This will include advising the contractors/workers on site of local H&S and Fire Safety regulations and adhering to Risk
- Responsible for other services associated with the efficient running of the site, including receiving and where necessary, the distribution of all deliveries including mail, goods, materials and equipment. The movement of furniture and equipment, litter picking, checking sports/grounds for rubbish, waste, sharp items and emptying bins. They will also ensure that all site records and building check logs are complete and up to date.
The Site Supervisor will be required to meet and relate to pupils, teachers, management, parents, contractors, members of the public etc. which means a polite and courteous manner is essential. The Site Supervisor will also be required to fill out forms, requisitions, time sheets etc and to communicate in writing to a variety of different people.
Qualities and attributes:
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- To oversee contractors, have good record keeping skills and ability to report outcomes
- Good level of numeracy skills
- Good staff supervision skills where necessary
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Flexible approach
- Understanding of building maintenance requirements and ability to undertake minor repairs
- Ability to carry out cleaning functions as indicated and operate machinery
- Good understanding of Health & Safety issues
- Manuel handling experience
- People skills, be able to deal with a wide range of people
- Be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To be willing to attend training courses as and when required
As this role requires the successful candidate to work on sites where children are present both in a primary school (up to age 11) and at senior school (up to 16 years), the role is subject to a CRB/DBS clearance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job