Showroom/Warehouse Assistant - Ceramic Tile Distributors (CTD) - Colchester:
Can you provide excellent customer service? Are you looking for career without boundaries?
If the answer is yes come and join JEWSON part of the Saint Gobain group Global winners of TOP EMPLOYER 2016 and 2017.
We’re currently recruiting for a Showroom/Warehouse assistant. Backed by a warm and fantastic team here at CTD, we’re looking for individuals to help take our brand forward to the next level. Are you in?
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Showroom/Warehouse Assistant you will;
- You will be required to provide outstanding customer service.
- Your duties will include dealing with customers on a day to day basis and building relationships.
- You will also be required to deal with telephone enquiries and always ensure that customer’s needs are met whilst promoting the companies products and services.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that customer orders are ready for collection when specified whilst ensuring minimum stock damage and accurate picking of stock for delivery.
- You will also be required to receive goods into the warehouse and correctly store them. As a part of you will also be required to have involvement in stock control and ensuring that stock levels are sufficient.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Showroom/Warehouse Assistant specifically it is important that you have:
- You should have some customer service experience. If you know what great services like, sounds like and feels like. That’s really, really important to us.
- A demonstrable knowledge of the importance of good customer care. An understanding of what is required of someone with good customer service skills (i.e. the difference between being empathetic and sympathetic).
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- You’ll be a personable and excellent team player.
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and behaviours. Someone who is eager to learn and really develop themselves and the service our company can offer.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Ceramic Tile Distributors (Part of the Saint Gobain Group). CTD are suppliers of the Gemini Wall & Floor Tile Collection. CTD is your one-stop shop for tiles with 90+ showrooms nationwide; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, CTD Tiles are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within CTD Tiles or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
On occasion, we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome a diversity of applications irrespective of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.