A rapidly growing manufacturer require a Shift Maintenance Engineer to ensure that production, engineering, maintenance and process issues are solved during the shift.
You will support the implementation of new equipment and processes to ensure seamless 24 hour production, feeding back issues to the production management team and support continuous improvement activities.
· To ensure the availability of production equipment and ancillary services equipment during shift working hours. This includes being the operator's first call for when process equipment issues arise.
· To support the production shift team leaders day to day engineering needs and ensure all issues which arise are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
· To perform daily planned preventative maintenance activities and proficiently use and help develop the sites computer engineering maintenance management system.
· To perform unplanned maintenance and repairs as required to ensure optimum production run time during shifts.
· Fault finding on equipment causing process issues down to the root cause, not just curing the symptoms.
· Support the installation and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment.
· Identify and drive forward improvements to our equipment and processes.
· Build good working relationships with all colleagues, including the design, production, supply chain, logistics and engineering teams.
· Be responsible for ensuring Health and Safety legislations are compiled with.
· Provide and perform training & mentoring to our production operatives and apprentices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Formal apprenticeship or other equivalent qualifications in electrical, mechanical and/or maintenance engineering.
· Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· 17th addition desirable.
· If not 17th edition qualified the candidate must be competent and confident with single phase supplies and equipment.
· Experience with three phase systems, motor starters, control panels and motors desirable.
· Experience with variable speed drives an advantage.
· Knowledge and experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems and equipment.
· Knowledge of bearings and drive transmission systems. The different types, their applications and the necessary practical skills.
· Proficient in dis-assembling and assembling machinery and equipment components.
· Ability to analyse and resolve complex technical problems quickly and independently, based on analysis and factual evidence.
· Self-starting and self-motivated, comfortable working independently or as part of a larger team.
· Knowledge and experience with polymer processing technology and equipment an advantage.
· Computer literate. Competent with Microsoft word and excel. Experience of computer maintenance management systems, Pirana is used at our site.
· Willing to take responsibility and make decisions when required. Equally must have a balanced outlook on their own abilities and know when to seek assistance or advice.
Working a rotating shift pattern, the benefits include 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), death in service, private medical insurance and pension contributions. If you would like to be considered for this position please apply online.