This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
* Prevention and Maintenance
* Food/Manufacturing industry
£35k per annum
Our client is one of the largest independent manufacturers and suppliers of bacon products to the foodservice market, whilst also supplying the retail sector.
They require a Cover Shift Engineer to join their established team in Coventry.
The successful candidates must have an electrical background in prevention and maintenance within the food/Manufacturing processing industry and ideally have been through the apprenticeship process.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Carry out work assignments issued by Manager and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
* Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritized work as agreed.
* Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP's, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards (e.g. Food Safety, PPE etc.).
* Resolve electrical problems in a timely fashion
* Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
* This list is not exhaustive.
* Previous food processing industry experience
* Electrical experience: electrical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
* 2 Years experience of working in an automated production environment.
* A good standard of both written and oral English
* Basic Food Hygiene
* Basic Health & Safety
* Data and analytical skills
* Computer literate. (word/excel/windows based packages)
* Desirable skills :- PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control ,instrumentation, welding, FLT license
The shift is rotating AM & PM with a requirement to work Nights for holiday cover.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job