Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a Shift Charge Hand to prepare, jig, make up and breakdown loads for heat treatment and brazing in accordance with the relevant TDC, loading plans and build sheets. To operate plant/ancillary equipment.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve efficient plant utilisation
- Supervise production personnel
- Make up/breakdown furnace loads. Plan jigs and fixture utilisation
- Operate plant and equipment and follow safe operating instructions
- Recording of process information
- Ensure safe operating of all plant and equipment
- Follow company health and safety procedures
- Follow company environmental procedures
- Comply with all quality system requirements
- Maintain good working practices and housekeeping
The jobholder is responsible for handling, often finished and expensive components, incoming inspection, careful handling and appropriate jigging is a key competency.
Team work is a necessary ingredient and also the understanding to 'ask’ when not sure.
Education, Skills and Experience
- No formal qualifications required but evidence of good education standard.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your career at Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 06/05/2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.