Service Development Manager - Learning Disabilities & Mental Hea
Domus are seeking a Service Development Manager to join a specialist charity that provide housing, care or support people with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health needs, Physical or Sensory impairments across London the South East.
The Service Development Manager is a key post and part of the Care and Support management team. The purpose of this post is to drive business improvement and development across their services and the organisation as a whole.
The following key areas of responsibility:
- Project management
- Business Development & Funding, Quality & Compliance
- Staff Training (Care and Support)
- Customer Engagement
- Lead on departmental and organisational projects developing and implementing service improvements across Care and Support Services, (examples could include personalisation of services, co-production, developing regulatory/contractual compliance processes and so on).
- Manage the development of new services and lead on the fee and contract negotiations with local authorities
- Lead on the mobilisation of new contracts
- Lead on the de-commissioning of services/contracts as required
- Working with the Director of Care & Support to co-ordinate and manage the development and submission of bids to local authorities, CCGs and other funders for the provision of social care and independent living services, adhering to their social care tendering procedure.
- Develop strong relationships with local authority and health commissioners across our areas of operation, developing strong organisational relationships, positioning Ability HA as the provider of choice in the areas we operate.
- Lead on funding negotiations with local authorities and health commissioners ensuring Ability HA social care services are adequately funded.
- Manage and develop the quality system for social care reviewing performance data and reports from our external independent CQC auditors. Based on this information make recommendations regarding areas for improvement/development on both a service specific and strategic basis. To review progress against the action plan and make the Director of Care & Support and Area Manager(s) aware if identified milestones are being missed.
- Review local authority quality monitoring reports and ensure that the management team are aware of any concerns and that operational colleagues have developed and implement a robust action plan to address any areas requiring improvement.
- Ensure that all care and support staff are trained in all areas of mandatory care and support training as determined by our regulator.
- Ensure each service has an individual training plan which includes all areas of staff training and development relevant to individual service areas.
- Ensure they have a Training and Development programme for all grades of staff involved in the supervision of staff and management of services.
- Oversee and manage the customer engagement function ensuring tenants and customers are involved and engaged in the management and development of our services
- Provide secretarial support to the Customer engagement committee ensuring the work of the committee is relevant, that information and data provided enables tenants and customer scrutiny of the organisation and input into the management and future development of the organisation.
Management & Leadership:
- Be an active and engaged member of the Care & Support Services Management Team. To positively contribute to the improvement and development of Ability services ensuring customers receive a quality service and that our operations remain financially viable.
- Work productively and collaboratively with colleagues within care and support services and across the wider organisation to successfully deliver business plan objectives.
- Provide good level of management and support of the Service Development Team, ensuring employees understand the vision of the organisation, are well supported and are clear about the expectations of their role and undertake appropriate professional development.
Key Responsibilities continued:
- mental health
- learning disabilities
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'