Service Desk Engineer
Location: Manchester, Lancashire - M17 1BR
Salary: Excellent DOE
Working Hours: Shift Rotation
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
About the Role
The role of Service Desk Engineer will encompass a range of key customer service activities providing support to our customers. You will act as the prime customer contact point for all query types.
As a Service Desk Engineer your day will consist of fault management primarily, as well as general support for our various in-house, market leading business-led communications products. You will be 100% focused on delivering excellent service using strong technical and diagnostic skills.
This involves working with customers via telephone and email, providing help and advice on customer faults and any other technical queries they may have.
We know giving you the right tools and training is essential. Full training will be given on our products as well as ongoing coaching and support.
• You will be an excellent team player with a proactive mindset, with a passion for working together as a team to achieve goals.
• You will thrive in an environment where you are trusted to work smart and work hard without micro management.
• You will have excellent IT Skills, as well as a familiarity with general Customer Service handling & CRM systems.
• You’ll have an outgoing and welcoming personality, able to adapt to differing customer groups at ease, taking pride in providing a first-class customer experience at all times
• You’ll have a good technical understanding and a logical approach to resolving diagnostic issues.
• Ideally, you’ll have a good knowledge or experience of IP Telephony, Broadband or Ethernet services.
People are the lifeblood of our success. The people working for us are unusually passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. That’s because the ethos within our company is an open, friendly, honest, non-political environment, whilst always being responsive, flexible, committed and hardworking.
In 2017 we were voted one of 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ for the fifth year running.
There are many good reasons to join Gamma. You’ll find we work in a relaxed environment with an emphasis on delivering the highest quality in everything we do, especially customer service, where we have a reputation far above our peers in the industry.
- IT Service Desk