My NHS client are recruiting for an IT Service Desk Analyst for an intial 1 month contract with extensions thereafter. The IT Service Desk Analyst will provide first, second and third line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staffvia telephone and email
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes
- 1st/2nd/3rd line support-troubleshooting of IT related problems from inhouse software to hardware, such as Blackberrys, Laptops, PCs and Printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
- MCP c ertification would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills
- 2 years previous IT Service Desk and/or Call Centre experience re
- BasicUser & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2007
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2007 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- You will be a self motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job