Our client on the outskirts of Horsham is looking for a Service Desk 2nd Line Support Engineer
The Servicedesk 2nd Line Support Engineer will be responding to calls or e-mails on the service desk, adhering to defined Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions, as well as administering and maintaining end user accounts, permissions and access rights, phone systems as directed by the change requests.
The Servicedesk 2nd Line Support Engineer will carry out installations and configurations and support end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products; maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting to determine source of computer problems, conducting updates of the network asset management register to ensure records are kept up to date.
- Perform incident and problem management as escalated by the first line team.
- Raise problem records and perform root cause analysis.
- Build, deploy and support all desktops and laptops
- Update, deploy and build applications and application packages
- Support, and management of Sharepoint Online
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer business phone, video and conferencing systems
- Support and troubleshoot internal and remote connectivity issues
- Implement workarounds to known errors and document in KEDB.
- Respond to and update tickets in IT service management tool and prioritise own workload accordingly.
- Management of standard changes and support of switches, routers and firewalls
- Perform business continuity and disaster recovery tests
- Escalate problems to the 3rd line team where necessary. Ensure effective communication with other IT functions and end-users.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other members of the IT department
- Provide on-call, out of hours 1st and 2nd line support on rota.
- Perform effective housekeeping throughout the HQ.
To be considered for the role you must have the following skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an IT support environment, or a strong IT background with relevant education.
- Experience of implementing and supporting Microsoft Windows 10
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience troubleshooting of Microsoft Skype for Business client issues
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Microsoft VPN clients
- Experience of supporting and administering Office 365 environments
- Experience troubleshooting applications connectivity to databases
- Experience of managing and supporting clients with Microsoft SCCM and/or Intune
- Experience of packaging applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Cisco Routing and Switching.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and GPO.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
You will need to hold the following qualifications / be educated as follows
- Cisco CCNA
- Microsoft Server MCP
- ITIL Foundation Qualification
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'