- Are you fascinated by human behavior and how it influences shopping habits?
- Are you an experienced researcher in the digital world with a proven track record supporting User Centred Design?
- Are you hankering to work with other UX talent to provide the ultimate design?
My client is a well known insurtech firm who are currently overhauling the old to bring in the new while also pushing new boundaries on a number of new products and innovations. As a result, they are now on the hunt for a senior UX Researcher - and they are looking for the best: a team player who advocates UCD, analyses and evaluates data to help designers make the right decisions, enjoys understanding and advocating the users point of view. Self sufficient and experienced in research techniques including lab based work; persona definition, with a superb understanding of usability.
You will have:
- Experienced in research techniques including focus group studies, ethnographic research, usability evaluations, questionnaire studies, workshop facilitation and persona definition.
- Worked on large scale projects assisting designers across different functions with iterative usability testing to be conducted throughout development.
- Have worked in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions, advocate design solutions and gain stakeholder buy in.
- Can demonstrate a solid track record of a variety of research techniques and first class delivery of results to stakeholders.
- Able to work independently and Play a key role in progressing our understanding of our customers and maintaining a picture of their behaviours and attitudes
- 5+ years experience in UX research
- Ideally a degree in Life Sciences/Social Sciences, ergonomics, HCI or related discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- A proven track record of scoping, designing and conducting a wide variety of user experience research across devices on high profile digital experiences, ideally in an e-commerce environment.
- Extensive experience in conducting lab based usability studies, eye tracking, online surveys, customer panels, heuristic evaluations, competitive benchmarking and other user research methods.
- An advanced understanding of visual design and usability principles, including touch based interfaces.
- Experience in setting up and managing a usability lab.
- Experience integrating user research into product design and design practices, from concept through to launch and post launch analysis.
- Experience mentoring more junior UX researchers and sub-contractors a must, line management experience desirable.
- Strong project management skills and track record of delivery
- Working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product.
To be considered for this position, please click the 'Apply' button and be sure to include a portfolio that demonstrates first class UX Research methods & deliverables.
- User Experience
- UX Research